NMG Europe offers to the yacht industry an innovative class of high performing core materials and rigid structural foams representing a new material option in yacht design.
Atlas HPE foams are closed, and very fine cell rigid core materials based on a unique and proprietary formulation designed by NMG Europe. With a very high cross-linking degree, Atlas HPE is an interpenetrated polymer network (IPN), a molecular structure falling into the same category as cross-linked PVC foams, but using a thermoplastic based on polyester chemistry, allowing to combine high toughness and flexibility.
ATLAS HPE HAS BEEN SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR SANDWICH COMPOSITE ELEMENTS TO ACHIEVE:
- High strain energy through high shear and elongation
- High fatigue resistance
- High tenacity
Thus, Atlas HPE provides high resistance to cyclic stress conditions, prevents from the risk of structural failure by its intrinsic capacity of energy adsorption and deformation. It is therefore the good choice in all applications subjected to fatigue, slamming and impact loads.
ATLAS HPE CAN BE USED FOR SANDWICH ELEMENTS IN HULL, DECK AND BULKHEADS STRUCTURES.
- Optimum peeling strength: adhesion skin-core is verified according to DNVGL 376 annex a.4.2.
- Resin saving: 2nd party and in-house tests show that Atlas HPE decrease the resin consumption of 26% during laminating process compared to most used foams.
- Process/resin compatibility, no change in manufacturing operations
- Higher styrene resistance compared to PVC
- No aesthetic and quality concerns: no blisters risk, no delamination regardless of sun/hot temperatures exposure
- No risk of outgassing, thanks to its chemical nature
- Thermal stability beyond 80°C, up to 150 °C
ATLAS HPE IS AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT DENSITIES, SURFACE FINISHING OPTIONS AND ALSO IN KITS TO CUSTOM DESIGN.
To learn more about Atlasfoam visit this section.